From weekly workout updates, to once a fortnight update....to once a month. Very nice, Millie. Nasib baik tak buat ni sebagai Azam Tahun 2013. Awal-awal dah epic fail (Amsyar's favourite statement).
Let me just summarize the workout/training that I've been doing since the last time I made an entry about this. Maaf lah kalau pembaca boring baca :P tapi ni untuk I dah tua-tua nanti, when I'm not really into running anymore (or maybe I'll be like that auntie on Astro commercial? :P) I can always read my entries again and think, "macam ni ke nak training untuk lari full marathon dulu eh?".
31 Dec 2012 - 6 Jan 2013
1) LSD 16km
2) Speed interval 5.7km
3) Kevin Zahri's 3 Hours JomFit session - Bokwa, Kickboxing, Sh'bam (one hour for each session with minimal rest in between!)
Somehow out of 150 participants, I got 'best performer' for Sh'Bam category. Hehe. Mungkinkah sebab selalu pegi dance fit class kat gym...? And I got 3 free tickets to the next JomFit session yayy.
|Me with a former colleague (from my second workplace, back in 1997!), Aizan. Dia participant tegar dalam sesi Kevin Zahri :)|
|On the left is the girl who won best performance for kickboxing, the gentleman in red won the Bokwa category...and the guy in black is *ehem* Kevin Zahri. Wow saya kelihatan suka gumbira.|
(the truth is, I only have 2 pairs of Zumba pants and the only class I regularly attend is the dancefit/zumba class at KakiGym)
7 Jan - 13 Jan 2013
1) 5.9km speed interval
2) 6.6km tempo run
3) 13km LSD on treadmill. Yes, treadmill. It was raining when Aina & I reached Putrajaya that Sunday morning..hujan tak reda2 so we ran back to the car, went to have breakfast..and hit the treadmill (after food has settled in tummy).
Then I had early signs of cough & cold. Not from the rain, though. It started mid-week.
14 Jan - 20 Jan 2013
1) Dance Fit (ke Zumba ni, konfius den), 1 hour
2) 9.5km tempo run...halfway through my run I realized it was Hari Latihan Merentas Desa for Amsyar & Izzo's school. So I kinda became stalker-mom.
|"Breathe through your nose, Amsyar!" |
But I didn't stalk him all the way, of course. Nanti cikgu-cikgu yang jaga tu marah pulak.
4) 4km run/walk on treadmill...a 10K-tak-jadi-run because I had shin splints. Dah lama tak kena ni, ouch. Maybe the new shoes tak suka kalau berlari atas treadmill...?
5) 16km LSD with Hanim in Putrajaya..then it got hot and I dropped by the gym to do another 4km on treadmill before heading home. I ran while frequently wiping my sometimes runny nose. Nasib baik tak batuk masa lari ni.
Legs felt heavy after the LSD.
21 Jan - 27 Jan 2013
1) Zumba 50 minutes..macam biasalah, mak-mak datang kelas lambat sebab kena siapkan dinner untuk keluarga. Left thigh started to hurt. I couldn't hop on left foot. Luckily the class wasn't an audition of any sort (epic fail lah kalau macam tu).
2) 30 minutes of run & walk on treadmill...because my left thigh hurt even MORE.
I spent the rest of the week not doing any workouts. Training ke laut. But it's okay because I think that once-in-a-while problematic left leg needed a rest.
28 Jan 2013
LSD 20km. Started around 7.20am and it became sunny so, SO fast.
Loo stop at KM3. Bumped into Lina at KM7 (she looked so professionally dressed I was so segan...until I realized "hey that's my friend" :P). I stopped again at KM10 to enjoy the chocolate bar I brought. Dan minum air kosong lagi.
|Dan juga menikmati pemandangan. Also to psych myself to continue running as it was getting hotter.|
|These could be sufficient..but then I saw a kiosk at KM12, somewhere opposite of PoJ, and caved in when I saw the 100Plus there haha. Nasib baik Putrajaya Route ada banyak kedai/kiosk jual air & jajan.|
Eh kasut apa pulak ni ya..? :P
Did I mention SportWatch..? Ya, sebagai ganti SportBand dah tercicir dalam airport limo hari tu kan. :)
Shoes. I've been eyeing these ON shoes since my friend Hanim bought them nearly a year ago. She ran 4 marathons in her Cloudsurfer and she's still loving them. I keep telling myself, when time & budget permits, those would be my next 'race shoes', insyaAllah.
Last week I gave Amsyar my DSLR & these ON Cloudsurfer, "Abang, nah Mama bagi projek sikit. Please take photos of my shoes, ikut pandai Abang lah."
|Can you see what's written on the insole...? Mencabar nampak...hadoi.|
|When I opened the box, this was the screen protector of the watch. Hamagad pressure begini. Hahaa..|
And now that I have a watch complimenting/motivating me after each run, also a pair of shoes that says "I challenge you to go faster" every time I put it on....lagi lah kena cuba untuk teruskan berlari. :P